The 3,000-year history of the hoodie - TED Talk
ACTIVATE CC ON THE VIDEO
APÓS A PRIMEIRA TENTATIVA
CHECK THE ANSWERS ONLY AFTERWARDS..
First read the questions, then watch the video and listen for the correct answers to the questions.
1) We can trace the earliest hoodies to ___________________________.
Ancient Greece and ancient Rome
The Mongol Empire
2) Who wore hoodies in the Middle Ages?
3) Why did ladies wear hoodies in the 17th century?
To hide themselves when they were going to meet their lovers.
To keep a low profile while shopping.
To protect their skin from the sun.
4) What are modern hoodies usually made of?
5) When were modern hoodies introduced to the public?
6) Which group is not known for wearing hoodies?
7) What are the physical benefits of hoodies?
Hoodies make you feel healthy and strong.
Hoodies make you feel warm and comfortable.
Hoodies make you feel cool and refreshed.
8) What is the psychological benefit of wearing a hoodie?
Hoodies make you feel protected.
Hoodies make you feel smart.
Hoodies make you feel energized.
9) What happened after Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old
African-American kid wearing a hoodie, was murdered?
Many people wore hoodies with the hood up to protest the prejudice black men in the U.S. face on a daily basis.
Hoodies stopped being popular.
Hoodies were outlawed.
10) What makes a hoodie utilitarian?
It is cheap to manufacture.
It is easy to clean.
It is very basic in its design.